Updated: Mar 27, 2020
This is one of my go to dinners! I found this recipe on Sivan Ayla's website (linked below). It's super easy to make and the sesame oil is delicious with salmon!
WHAT YOU NEED (for 2 people):
-1 cup sushi rice
-1.5 pounds of salmon
-1-2 eggs per person
-1 avocado, sliced
-2 tspns sesame oil
-2 tblspns soy sauce
-drop of agave
-salt + pepper
-black sesame seeds
WHAT TO DO:
1. Preheat oven to 425º
2. Cook the rice in a cooker or on the stove as directed on the package.
3. Fill a small pot with water and bring to a boil.
4. Prep the salmon by placing it on a foil-covered tray with the skin side down. Drizzle some sesame oil and coat with salt & pepper.
5. Place salmon in the oven for 9-12 minutes (until flaky and cooked through).
6. Once the water boils, add your eggs in for 7 minutes.
7. While all of this cooks, combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, & agave and whisk into a sauce. Set aside until ready to serve.
8. In a deep / wide bowl, layer the rice, then add the salmon, cut eggs in half, & avocado. Drizzle the sauce over everything & sprinkle some sesame seeds. Serve immediately & enjoy!
Let us know if you've recreated this recipe!